Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Stacked deck

Sometimes when I'm in the middle of an intellectual conversation about current events, I step outside myself and think, "Really, Kelly, you actually know this information?" Before I became a devout WVPE listener (yes, this was before I became a WVPE employee), I would just smile and nod when people were getting into detailed discussion about today's news. I can always go on about what's happening to the newest tragic Hollywood starlet, but politics was never a strong point. Now, as I entertain myself listening to 88.1, I'm also getting an education.

Here's an example: Last night at the eucher table, I was sharing information from Terry Gross' interview with NYT reporter David Kirkpatrick about the McCain's runningmate quandry and how Huckabee's race may be influencing it. (It's quite interesting, you should listen.) Boy, did I feel like a smartie.

When's the last time you've said "I heard on WVPE...."?

No comments: