Thursday, February 7, 2008

The strike is almost over, right?

I am one of those film lovers praying that the Writes Guild of America strike ends quickly and in the writers' favor. And before the Oscars on February 24. I've seen an obscene amount of movies released in 2007 (87 to be exact) and I love watching to see if my favorites are going to take home the golden guy.

There has been plenty of buzz about the recent talks between the producers and the writers predicting that the show will go on. Without an agreement, the writers won't support the Oscars and actors won't cross picket lines. Basically, we'll end up with a lame press conference like the Golden Globes.

Joss Whedon, the writer/producer/director behind all things Buffy, has written an inspiring letter to his fellow strikers. Unfortunately for red-carpet followers like me, he denounces the importance of one awards show. Yeah, yeah, yeah, what he says is good and all, but I still have my fingers crossed and my at-home ballet ready.

No comments: